Direct link to offer (try incognito mode if it doesn’t show)
- American Express is offering a bonus of 75,000 points after $4,000 in spend within six months on the American Express Gold
There is an offer for 60,000 points + $250 restaurant credit (20% back). Some people may prefer that offer, really depends on how you value American Express Membership Rewards points. Will add this to our list of the best credit card bonuses.
Hat tip to DDG
Update 2/12/21: There is also a link for a 80,000 offer.
Direct link to offer
- American Express is offering the following bonus on the Business Gold card: Earn 90,000 points when you spend $10,000 on eligible purchases with the American Express Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- $295 annual fee, not waived first year
- Card earns 4x points on the two categories your business spends the most each billing cycle, from the following list (up to $150,000 in combined purchases each calendar year):
- U.S. purchases at restaurants
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
- U.S. purchases at gas stations
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
- 25% points back after you book a flight with pay with points
This offer doesn’t have any lifetime language. If it says ‘We are sorry This offer is no longer available. If you’d still like to apply for a Business Card from American Express click here.’ that means you’re not eligible for this offer unfortunately. If you’ve had this card before you should be able to get this bonus because of the lack of that language, as always make sure you double check before applying. For people that haven’t had the card before there is a 70,000 bonus + $300 credits that might be a better option.
Hat tip to reversesprawl
Check your American Express pre-approvals here.
- American Express is offering some people a pre-approved offer on the American Express Gold card of 75,000 points after $5,000 in spend.
The nice thing about this offer is there is no lifetime language, so you can get the bonus even if you’ve had the card before (as always make sure to check your particular offer to ensure there is no lifetime language. Obviously a good deal if targeted and you’ve had the card before. If you haven’t had the card before you might prefer the 60,000 points + $250 deal.
Hat tip to reader Naga
The American Express Gold card offers a $100 airline incidental credit each year, a benefit which is ending this year of 2021. In order to be eligible for the 2021 $100 benefit, you need to have an account open by February 3rd and have your airline selected.
Per the FAQ on bottom of this page:
For American Express Gold Card Members who opened accounts before February 4, 2021, the $100 Airline Fee Credit will no longer be available after December 31, 2021. Card Members who opened accounts on or after February 4, 2021 are not eligible for the Airline Fee Credit.
All American Express Gold Card Members who opened accounts prior to February 4, 2021 and have selected an airline for the Airline Fee Credit benefit will still be eligible to receive statement credits for eligible airline purchases made through December 31, 2021.
Sounds like even existing Gold cardholders need to have their airline selections by that date. It does default to what you used last year, so that shouldn’t be an issue for existing cardholders.
AmEx launched a new $10 monthly Uber credit which begins this month, February, as a replacement for the $100 airline incidental credit. 2021 is the one year which you can get in on both credits, but again, only those who already have the card and select an airline by February 3rd will get both benefits.
There’s a good signup bonus offer currently on the Gold card of 60,000 + $250. Hopefully if you apply now and get approved right away it’ll be possible to have your airline selected by February 3rd (see these data points).
Hat tip to Chase-ing UR points