Reposting 3/9/21 as this offer is set to end tomorrow, March 10th.
Direct Link to offer
Chase is offering the following bonus on the Southwest Plus, Premier, and Priority cards through March 10, 2021:
- Get 30,000 points + a companion pass which is good through 2/28/22 when you spend $5,000 within the first 3 months.
They offered a similar thing back at the start of 2019 and at the end of last year and just recently some were getting this as a targeted offer. You only need 100,000 points to get the companion pass this year. You might be better off signing up for the personal 80,000 or business 100,000 signup bonuses which are still showing at the time of the writing; that would give you a lot more points and also a companion pass through the end of 2022. The new offer might make sense for some as well. Before apply, check these 26 Things Everybody Should Know About Chase Credit Cards.
Hat tip to reader Chris
Update 2/8/21: Today is the last day for this deal.
Direct links to offers: Plus, Premier, Priority
- Chase is offering a bonus of 80,000 points on all three Southwest personal cards. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- 50,000 points after $2,000 in spend within three months of account opening
- An additional 30,000 points after $10,000 in total spend within nine months of account opening
Offer valid through February 8, 2021, according to this signup link.
- Chase 5/24 rule does apply to this card
- Annual fees are not waived the first year
- The Premier personal card earn a 6,000 points anniversary bonus; the Plus earns 3,000 points anniversary bonus; the Priority earns 7,500 anniversary bonus
Companion pass now requires 125,000 points in a calendar year to earn. Looks like the bonus on the Southwest business Priority card has also been increased to 100,000 points, but requires $25,000 in total spend to get the full bonus. You could get one of these personal cards and the business card and have more than enough for a companion pass. Applying for the cards at this time of year is also good as you can time your spend so the bonus posts at the start of 2021 giving you the companion pass for all of 2021 and all of 2022. These are the highest bonuses we’ve seen on these cards and will be adding them to the best credit card bonus page.
No direct link to offer
- Chase is offering some the following bonus on the Southwest Plus card. Bonus is as follows 30,000 points + companion pass good through 2/28/22.
They offered a similar thing back at the start of 2019 and at the end of last year. You only need 100,000 points to get the companion pass this year. You’re much better off signing up for a personal and business card to hit the 100,000 points required for the pass. This would give you a lot more points and also a companion pass through the end of 2022.
Hat tip to FM
The Southwest Companion Pass is typically earned when you get 125,000 Southwest points within a calendar year. This year, due to the pandemic, Southwest is granting all active members on 12/31/20 a 25,000 credit toward the Companion Pass. Meaning you’ll only have to earn 100,000 points in order to get the pass. (These points are only a Companion Pass credit to lower the threshold in getting the pass; you don’t get free 25,000 points to use.)
Hopefully we’ll see more travel later this year and next, so it could make sense to earn the Companion Pass now with the 25k lower threshold which will be valid for the entire 2021 and 2022. I don’t see the 25,000 credit reflected in my Southwest login (still showing zero), maybe it’s taking longer than expected to show up.
You can get any of the three Southwest personal credit cards with an 80,000 points signup bonus – you’ll have at least 90,000 points after meeting the $10,000 spend requirement, and that brings you close to the 100,000 requirement. Or signup for the business version and get 100,000 points – you’ll have 125,000 after meeting the $25,000 spend requirement.