80,000 points public offer |
100,000 points public offer (no longer available at the public link)
Chase is offering two separate increased signup bonus offers on the Southwest Business Performance card:
- Earn 80,000 points after you spend $5,000 on purchases within 3 months of account opening.
- Earn 70,000 points after you spend $5,000 on purchases within 3 months of account opening. Also, earn an additional 30,000 points after you spend an additional $20,000 on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening ($25,000 total spend).
Both of these offers are now available via referral links as well – some people are seeing the 80,000 offer at their referral link and others are seeing the 100,000 tiered offer.
Card earns at the following rates:
- 3x Southwest points per $1 spent on Southwest and Rapid Rewards hotel and car rental partner purchases
- 2x Southwest points per $1 spent on purchases in the following rewards categories: social media and search engine advertising; internet, cable, and phone services
- 1x Southwest points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- $199 annual fee (not waived first year)
- Four upgrade boardings per year when available
- Every anniversary year you will be reimbursed for the purchase of 4 upgraded boardings. Upgraded boardings are positions A1-A15. These can be purchased on the day of travel only at either the departure gate or ticket counter and aren’t always available. Price of these upgraded boardings varies based on the itinerary, I think it’s usually $30-$40.
- The benefits of being in this boarding position is you may be able to get an exit row seat (and at worst you’ll get another seat you want) and you can find overhead bin space.
- Anniversary year is defined as ‘the year beginning with your account open date through the first statement date after your account open date anniversary, and the 12 monthly billing cycles after that each year.’
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Fee Credit
- No foreign transaction fees
- 9,000 anniversary points each year
- Inflight WiFi Credits, up to a total of 365 $8 credits per year for all WiFi transactions on the overall business card account
- Earn tier qualifying points towards A-list status
- Points earned count towards Companion Pass
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- 5/24 does apply to this card
We wrote about the 100,000 tiered offer a number of months ago, and that one has now been extended (or brought back?). They also now have the 80,000 offer which is a great deal for someone who doesn’t want to commit $25,000 in spend for the higher offer. Both of these offers are available at public links and at referral links, as noted above.
Remember: Southwest effectively reduced the Companion Pass earnings requirement for 2021 down to 100,000 points. Even doing the 80,000 points offer gets you just 15,000 points shy of the Pass (after accounting for the fact that you’ll earn at least 5,000 points from the $5,000 spend).The timing works at pretty well for the the Companion Pass being toward the beginning of the year, but of course if you aren’t traveling now due to the pandemic it’s not useful.
Check out these other Things to Know about Chase before applying.
Hat tip to SouthFayetteFan