[Originally posted 6/22/20. Reposting on 3/31/22 since I’ve added another bonus on their business card to the post as well (ht Tom). There’s also a $5,000 credit card funding angle discussed in these comments.]
Affinity Plus credit union is open to select groups, but also available to anyone with a $25 donation. They have a signup bonus on their personal credit card and business credit card, both have no annual fee:
Personal card offer | Business card offer
- Earn 35,000 bonus MyPlus Rewards points when you spend $2,500 within the first 90 days.
- Earn 40,000 bonus MyPlus Rewards points when you spend $4,000 within the first 90 days.
6,250 points gets you a $50 statement credit (.8%) which means 35,000 points will get $280 statement credit. Ordinary spend gets 1.25 points per dollar.
- After spending the $2,500 initial spend requirement, you’ll have 38,125 points and get a $300 statement credit (plus some points left over).
- 40,000 + 5,000 points from spend will get you a $350 statement credit with some points left over.
- There might be other redemptions options for things like gift cards at a slightly better rate.
Just keep in mind the initial $25 donation cost. And there is a $25 gamble here – in the event you aren’t approved for the card it’s a $25 loss.
Some people may find this deal worthwhile, it’s always interesting to see offers from outside the regular national banks we deal with.
To qualify for the 35,000 bonus MyPlus Rewards points, you must make purchases with your Affinity Plus Visa Premier Select Rewards credit card that totals $2,500 or more in net spend within your first 90 days of card opening starting from the date your account is approved. Purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, or person-to-person payments. Bonus points will be credited to your account at the end of the promotional period and reflected on your MyPlus Rewards™ account statement within 10 business days after the 90-day promotional period ends. To receive the 35,000 bonus points, your card must not be canceled or past due at the time of fulfillment. Also, purchases may fall outside of the 90-day period in some cases, such as a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction. The standard MyPlus Rewards Program details apply. Find the program details at affinityplus.org/rewards.
Hat tip to reader Tyler