Update 3/3/23: The new signup offer is for $300 + waived $95 annual fee for the first year. Pretty similar to the previous $400 offer.
Direct link to offer
- Blue Cash Preferred is offering a bonus of $400 after $3,000 in spend within the first six months of card membership.
- Annual fee of $95 not waived first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (up to $6,000 in spend annually, then 1%)
- 6% cash back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions
- 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations
- 3% cash back on transit (e.g taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more)
- 1% back on all other purchases
- You can only get the sign up bonus on American Express cards once
Nice offer, and it’s available via referral links as well which lets you give a friend a nice referrer bonus. The best straight bonus on this card before was $350 + waived annual fee (though there was a $200 + $200 (20% back on Amazon) offered and home furnishing up to $500). The new offer is higher at $400, but the annual fee is not waived, so overall a worse deal. Still a pretty good offer overall and it’s nice they give you 6 months for the spend, which also makes it easier to meet it all on bonus categories. We’ll add it to our list of the best credit card signup bonuses.
Hat tip to pizza42bob