Update 9/20/21: There’s now a direct link to this offer. Hat tip to reader Yet Another Redditor
Update 8/4/21: As predicted the additional $100 statement credit is available when doing a dummy booking.
Direct link to offer Do a dummy booking to see an additional $100 statement credit
- You can now receive a sign up bonus of 50,000 points after $2,500 in spend within 90 days of account opening on the Bank of America Amtrak Credit card.
- Annual fee of $79 is not waived
- Complimentary Companion Coupon, One-Class Upgrade and a single-day ClubAcela® pass for access to ClubAcela, Amtrak Metropolitan LoungeSM or First class
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 3 points per $1 spent with Amtrak
- 2 points per $1 spent on all other qualifying travel purchases
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- 5% Amtrak Guest Rewards point rebate when you book your Amtrak redemption
Previous best bonus was 40,000 points + $100.
Sometimes you can get an additional $100 when doing a dummy booking, the current dummy booking offer is 20,000 points + $100 so I’d recommend waiting a few days/week to see if the dummy booking starts populating a 50,000 + $100 offer or not. Dummy booking with the additional $100 credit now available.
Amtrak points are worth the following:
- Non-Acela tickets points are worth 2.9¢ each
- Acela tickets points are worth 2.56¢ cent
- Monthly passes (2.9¢) must be booked via phone. Others report a rate of 1.7¢.
If you’re unfamiliar with Amtrak, I’d recommend reading our complete guide to AGR here. If you have questions about Bank of America cards then read this post. Added this to our best credit card bonuses. Worth doing if you can take advantage of the Amtrak points.
Hat tip to Help Me Build Credit