Update 11/9/21: Venture X is now live. Direct Link to card details and application
Capital One announced the launch of their premium Venture X consumer credit card.
- New cardholders can earn 100,000 bonus miles after spending $10,000 on purchases in the first 6 months.
- For a limited time, cardholders can earn up to $200 in statement credits for vacation rental purchases like Airbnb and VRBO.
Card earns the following rewards rate:
- Earn 10x on Hotels and Rental Cars booked via Capital One Travel
- Earn 5x on flights booked via Capital One Travel
- Earn 2x on all other purchases
Up to a $300 credit annually credit for bookings made on Capital One Travel
10,000 bonus miles every account anniversary (equal to $100 towards travel), starting on your first anniversary
Unlimited access to Capital One Lounges. This access is for the primary cardholder and their authorized users, along with 2 guest passes.
- Access to 1,300+ Priority Pass lounges internationally and to places like Priority Pass restaurants. This access is for the primary cardholder and their authorized users, along with 2 guest passes.
Up to $100 in statement credits for either TSA PreCheck or Global Entry
Complimentary Hertz President’s Circle status for primary cardholders, authorized users and account managers. Benefits include: skip the counter and e-return, the widest vehicle selection, guaranteed upgrades, free additional driver, and more.
- Primary car rental protection
- Trip delay and cancellation/interruption reimbursement; Lost luggage reimbursement
- Cell phone protection; Extended warranty protection
- $395 annual fee (presumably this is not waived the first year)
No fee to add authorized users (limit of 4 free authorized users)
- Visa Infinite Card; card will be metal
- No foreign transaction fees
- Cardholders can earn 25,000 bonus points by referring a friend to the Venture X card, up to 100,000 miles max per year
Venture X cardholders can also access top-tier entertainment, sports and dining events through the Capital One Experiences program.
There are multiple, flexible ways to redeem Venture X rewards. Customers can use miles to book via Capital One Travel, can transfer miles to 15 travel loyalty programs, or redeem rewards for any recent travel purchase, including on purchases such as vacation rentals, flights, hotels, rideshares, cruises, and more.
This is the rumored card we mentioned a few weeks ago, and Capital One let us know about this upcoming card today. (I’ve also added a few details in the post from what VFTW and OMAAT heard from Capital One.)
This card is an enhanced version of the Venture Miles cards with with $300 higher annual fee, and coming with a $300 booking credit, 10,000 miles annual bonus, and many premium benefits. It’s certainly interesting for the signup bonus of 100,000 miles, especially now with the limited-time $200 vacation rental credit.
Beyond the signup bonus: someone who already has Priority Pass access might not find this card much more interesting than the regular Venture card. Even then, most travelers would find it worth the extra $300 which gets you a $300 booking credit, 10,000 anniversary miles, primary car rental coverage, 10x multiplier on hotel/car bookings, authorized user lounge access, and access to Capital One lounges.
Capital One isn’t always easy to get approved with. Check out these Things to Know about Capital One Credit Cards before applying.