Wondering whether or not you should join a real estate team? On today’s podcast with Sara O’Malley, we discuss what the right real estate team can do for a new agent. Tune in and find out what Sara loves most about her team and the biggest benefits teams offer new agents. Sara also shares social media tips, why it pays to be real in real estate, and a sound strategy for earning more agent referrals.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Why Sara O’Malley decided to get into real estate [4:05]
- How Sara won her first real estate deals [8:51]
- Should new real estate agents join a team? [10:34]
- Sara’s average sale price and sales numbers [12:53]
- The big benefit of joining a real estate team [15:37]
- Being real as a real estate agent [17:01]
- Sara’s formula for success on social media [18:19]
- Quick tips for social media posts [19:22]
- How a marketing degree can help you in real estate [24:05]
- Working in real estate as a new mom [29:01]
- What Sara learned from the Real Estate Rockstars podcast [31:22]
- Sara’s low-pressure, personalized approach to real estate [33:24]
- Why sellers still need real estate agents in a seller’s market [38:19]
- Why working for free often pays off big [42:50]
- How Sara got $25,000 in agent referrals just last year [45:28]
- Sara’s final thoughts and where to follow her [47:43]
Sara is a real estate agent in Maryland with The Balcerzak Group of Keller Williams Legacy. She works with a team of top-producing agents in the top 1% of Maryland. With a master’s degree in marketing, Sara is able to market her client’s properties and make sure they get every dollar possible for their home. She also is able to negotiate the best possible purchase price for your dream home purchase or investment property.
Sara is also the sole proprietor of SOL Marketing, a integrated marketing communications full-service company. She serves as the Marketing Director for Urban Deli in Baltimore, Maryland, and the Marketing Director Lead by Design Coaching for Life and Leadership in Morgantown, West Virginia. Sara is currently taking new clients. Please feel free to email her at [email protected] or message her on here to learn more about her freelance options.
Sara holds a Master’s of Science in Integrated Marketing Communications. Her passions are real estate, the home-buying process, public relations, marketing and digital communications as they pertain to client interaction. Connecting with the customer is what she strives to do in each of her roles.
Sara graduated with a Bachelor’s of Science in Journalism from The Reed College of Media at The West Virginia University in December of 2015. She was Summa Cum Laude and a graduate of the WVU Honors College.
Sara worked as the Marketing Coordinator for Cheer and Dance Extreme in Linthicum, Maryland, for almost two years. She coordinated the marketing and client retention for over 20 events along the entire East Coast and managed daily communications, social media interaction and database management for over ten thousand clients/athletes. Sara also created promotional ads, videos, commercials and print/mailing materials for the organization.
Related Links and Resources:
Thank You Rockstars!
It might go without saying, but I’m going to say it anyway: We really value listeners like you. We’re constantly working to improve the show, so why not leave us a review? If you love the content and can’t stand the thought of missing the nuggets our Rockstar guests share every week, please subscribe; it’ll get you instant access to our latest episodes and is the best way to support your favorite real estate podcast. Have questions? Suggestions? Want to say hi? Shoot me a message via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Email.