Table of Contents
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $816,500 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Napa county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA house loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Napa County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Napa County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Napa County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of March 31, 2021, the median home value for Napa County is $786,853. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $88,596.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $600.
- Individual Condo: $600.
- Manufactured Homes: $600.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $850.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 7 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- In Napa County, there are many flood plains, both in the City of Napa and in the unincorporated areas. Also, FEMA recommends people purchase flood insurance on lands that were previously damaged in wildfires.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- For questions about property tax, you can get in touch with the Napa County Assessor, John Tuteur. His office is at 1127 First Street Suite A Napa, CA 94559 and can be called at (707) 253-4466.
- Veterans, owner-occupiers, and senior citizens may be eligible for property tax relief. You can find out whether you qualify through the county assessor. In addition, the Assessor’s Office can do re-appraisals to determine property values and flood risks.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 137,744 is 51% White, 34% Hispanic, and 8% Asian.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 20% under 18 years old and 19% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 49,032 households, with an average of two people per household.
What are the major cities?
The City of Napa is the largest city, with a population of 76,915. It is also the county seat. The next-largest city is American Canyon, with a population of 19,454. All of the other cities have fewer than 6,000 residents. Some of the notable small towns in Napa County are Calistoga, St. Helena, and Deer Park.
About Napa County
Welcome to Wine Country! Napa County the premier grape growing and wine-producing region in the country. Known for its rich soil, Napa County has a long tradition of farming, in addition to its world-famous vineyards. Plus, the cities of Napa and Calistoga are known for their amazing restaurant scene. Outside of the main cities, residents appreciate the clear views of the county’s rolling hills and big, blue skies.
In addition to centuries of local knowledge, the county works to stay on the cutting edge of agricultural technologies. The University of California Cooperative Extension helps the general public to stay up to date on the newest developments in farming and growing.
Also, the local schools provide education from kindergarten through community college. Plus, the nearby Sonoma State University and University of California schools offer four-year degrees without having to travel far from home.
Napa County is currently home to 7,741 veterans.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Napa County Veterans Services – 650 Imperial Way, 2nd Floor, Napa, CA 94559.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
|Name (ID): REDWOOD GARDENS #1,2 & 3 (C00436)
(UNITS #1 THRU #98)
NAPA CA 94558-0000
Status: Accepted Without Conditions
Request Received Date: 10/09/2010
Review Completion Date: 10/09/2010