We have a job opportunity to share from a member of the GEM, Unwritten Capital, an investment firm that plays at the intersection of real estate and technology
Real Estate Partner (job description):
About the firm
- Unwritten Capital is an investment firm that plays at the intersection of real estate and technology.
- Their team has decades of experience investing in and operating real estate, tech companies, and investment firms.
- On the venture side, their portfolio includes 300+ real estate technology companies across geographies and property types. They’ve invested alongside the best in the business including Sequoia, Union Square Ventures, Accel, etc.
- They are now investing capital into real estate investments supported by technology.
- They are frequently the first institutional real estate capital into a business and invest across the capital stack.
- Unwritten Capital has a purpose built team with unparalleled access to an underserved capital market
About the role
Unwritten Capital is looking for a partner to lead their real estate activities. You will have a seat at the table as we build our firm from the ground up. Their offices are in NYC and we spend several days a week there.
- 10-15+ years of real estate asset level investing experience.
- Led deals from cradle to grave and have invested across property types and geographies. Ideally you will have experience in niche strategies.
- Expertise with complex joint-venture, co-GP and other nuanced investment structures.
- Have the entrepreneurial “bug.” Our firm is a startup–same goes for the companies we partner with.
- Play well with others. We are collaborative internally and externally.
- Want to have fun. Yes, we want to make money and build a generational firm. We are going to have fun doing it.
About the opportunity
- The largest asset class in the world is still horse-and-buggy-ing around operating the same as it has for the past 50 years.
- The real estate industry is in the earliest stages of digital adoption.
- Technological innovation initially came from startups that sell products and services to existing real estate companies.
- It is now time to build new kinds of real estate companies with tech in their DNA.
- In the process, these companies unlock new and novel real estate investment opportunities for everything from vacation rentals to construction financing.
- Unwritten Capital is their partner of choice.
Jonathan Wasserstrum, [email protected]