Update 9/20/21: There’s now a direct link to this offer. Hat tip to reader Yet Another Redditor
Update 8/4/21: As predicted the additional $100 statement credit is available when doing a dummy booking.
Direct link to offer Do a dummy booking to see an additional $100 statement credit
- You can now receive a sign up bonus of 50,000 points after $2,500 in spend within 90 days of account opening on the Bank of America Amtrak Credit card.
- Annual fee of $79 is not waived
- Complimentary Companion Coupon, One-Class Upgrade and a single-day ClubAcela® pass for access to ClubAcela, Amtrak Metropolitan LoungeSM or First class
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 3 points per $1 spent with Amtrak
- 2 points per $1 spent on all other qualifying travel purchases
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- 5% Amtrak Guest Rewards point rebate when you book your Amtrak redemption
Previous best bonus was 40,000 points + $100.
Sometimes you can get an additional $100 when doing a dummy booking, the current dummy booking offer is 20,000 points + $100 so I’d recommend waiting a few days/week to see if the dummy booking starts populating a 50,000 + $100 offer or not. Dummy booking with the additional $100 credit now available.
Amtrak points are worth the following:
- Non-Acela tickets points are worth 2.9¢ each
- Acela tickets points are worth 2.56¢ cent
- Monthly passes (2.9¢) must be booked via phone. Others report a rate of 1.7¢.
If you’re unfamiliar with Amtrak, I’d recommend reading our complete guide to AGR here. If you have questions about Bank of America cards then read this post. Added this to our best credit card bonuses. Worth doing if you can take advantage of the Amtrak points.
Hat tip to Help Me Build Credit
We reported earlier on the Visa/Shipt partnership. There were two other benefits announced today for Visa cards as well for Skillshare, an online learning community with educational videos, and Sofar Sounds, a music events startup company.
- Skillshare is an online learning community offering more than 30,000 inspiring classes to 13 million members. Skillshare classes allow members to explore new creative skills and deepen existing passions with courses ranging from illustration, design, photography, video, freelancing, and more.
- Visa Infinite: Free membership for three months plus 30% off annual renewals
- Visa Signature: Free membership for three months plus 20% off annual renewals
- Certain Offer Terms apply, to learn more, visit https://skillshare.com/visa/terms/infinite for Visa Infinite or https://skillshare.com/visa/terms/signature for Visa Signature.
- Sofar Sounds brings live music to life with unique, intimate concerts available in over 400 cities around the world. Delivered through a global community of artists, music lovers and organizers, Sofar Sounds is a global movement which brings the magic back to live music.
- Visa Infinite and Visa Signature: Seven-day Visa Exclusive Presale to Sofar-presented events, plus a free ticket with each purchase of one or more tickets to a show during the presale window.
- All other Visa U.S. Consumer Credit Cards: Seven-day Visa Exclusive Presale to Sofar presented events, plus a free ticket with the purchase of one or more tickets to a show during the presale window (limit two free tickets per year).
- Certain Offer Terms apply, visit https://www.sofarsounds.com/visaoffer/terms-and-conditions to learn more.
- Chase is offering a $10 statement credit to Southwest cardholders who spend $12 or more at DoorDash from September 20th through 24th.
Reader AW sent this in a few days ago with the above emailed screenshot, and we assumed it was a targeted offer. However, Frequentmiler reports hearing from the Chase PR team that this is a public offer for everyone. Sounds like it should work on all Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards consumer credit cards; unclear if it’ll work on business cards.
Try finding a valid DoorDash promo code to save even more.
Targeted offer via e-mail. Subject line unknown
- American Express is offering some Delta Blue cardholders 40,000 miles when they upgrade to the Delta Gold card and spend $2,000 within the first two months
- Annual fee of $99 waived first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2x miles per $1 spent on restaurants (including takeout and delivery), groceries and Delta purchases
- 1x miles per $1 spent on all other purchases
- $100 Delta Flight Credit when you spend $10,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year
- First Checked Bag Free
- 20% Back on In-flight Purchases
- Receive Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights
Previous to a similar upgrade offer, but this time the annual fee is waived first year. You can learn more about AmEx upgrade offers by clicking here.
No direct link to offer. Available in branch only
- Chase is offering an additional bonus on the Chase Freedom Flex and Chase Freedom Unlimited cards. You can currently get the standard $250 sign up bonus after $500 in spend and in additional the card will earn 5% cashback on all grocery store purchases in the first year up to $12,000 in spend
- No annual fee
- Card earns the following points rates:
- 5% on rotating Quarterly Categories on up to $1,500 in total purchases (e.g. Q4 2020 will be PayPal and Walmart)
- 5% on Travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- 3% on Dining
- 3% on Drugstore
- 5% on Lyft through March 2022
- 1% unlimited cash back
- No annual fee
- Card earns 1.5% cash back on all purchases
The Fine Print
- 5% Back in the grocery store category (excluding Walmart and Target) until the earlier of the end of your first 12 months or first $12,000 spent: You’ll earn 5% Cash Back rewards total for each $1 spent on purchases in the grocery store category (excluding Walmart and Target) made within your first 12 months from account opening, or until you reach $12,000 in grocery store purchases, whichever occurs first (4% additional Cash Back rewards on top of the 1% Cash Back rewards earned on each purchase). The additional 4% Cash Back rewards will appear on your billing statement in a separate line from the base 1% Cash Back rewards.
- 5% Cash Back in the grocery store category (excluding Walmart and Target) until the earlier of the end of your first 12 months or first $12,000 spent: You’ll earn 5% Cash Back rewards total for each $1 spent on purchases in the grocery store category (excluding Walmart and Target) made within your first 12 months from account opening, or until you reach $12,000 in grocery store purchases, whichever occurs first (3.5% additional Cash Back rewards on top of the 1.5% Cash Back rewards earned on each purchase). The additional 3.5% Cash Back rewards will appear on your billing statement in a separate line from the base 1.5% Cash Back rewards.
Same as the $200 offer available online, this is just an extra $50 when applying in branch. Definitely worth doing if you were already considering the $200 offer. Will add this to our list of the best credit card bonuses. For more details on this offer I’d recommend reading the original $200 offer post.
Hat tip to Faust_XX