Banana Republic is stepping further into the home products segment with the debut of its BR Home Collection.
The new assortment includes furniture for the bedroom, living room, and dining room along with selections of lighting and home decor. The new home furnishings following the launch earlier this year of the retailer’s home textiles assortment.
“At Banana Republic, we are driven by a desire for discovery and self-expression, representing a new way to outfit yourself and your home,” said Sandra Stangl, Banana Republic president and CEO. “We are committed to bringing exceptional quality, timeless design, and versatile styling to our customers as we determine how to best support their lifestyle.”
The BR Home collection features three key expressions representing individual design aesthetics that can holistically coexist together for modern living.
- Textured Modern invites the blend of the classic and contemporary, featuring clean lines, smooth finishes, mixed materials and minimalist aesthetics for an elevated look.
- Classic Chic combines traditional forms with signature shapes and finishes that echo the past in contemporary light to give spaces a sophisticated and harmonious feel.
- Explore is rooted in global influences that capture the essence of global artisanal craftsmanship and embroideries. Inspired by natural materials and organic elements, this line features earth tones and natural finishes for a grounded type setting.
“Whether traditional global handicraft, American heritage production, or small companies working in this era of maker culture, product craftsmanship is a Banana Republic legacy,” said Aaron Rose, chief commerce and experience officer for Banana Republic. “This dynamic collection celebrates the beauty of high-quality natural materials and skilled artisans, creatives, and those designers whose work reflects our brand values and allows us to support craftsmanship communities around the world.”
The BR Home collection is launching with four collections:
- Stinson Collection: Each piece of upholstery is bench-made by master craftsmen in North Carolina and Virginia, and each frame is made with sustainably sourced hardwoods built to last. The hardwood-framed sofa features exaggerated armrests that offer durability, visual impact, and comfort, elevating its aesthetic appeal. It is a captivating and versatile addition to any living space, combining style and functionality. The Stinson sofa is custom-made and available in several configurations.
- Marquis and Savannah Collections: These unique, contemporary, and modern dining collections were developed from the brand’s experimentation with European oak and the creation of depth and movement from textures and patterns in the grain. The use of large pieces of solid oak with simple organic shapes allows for an emotional attachment to nature and the primordial. The timber that is sourced for these pieces is part of the fabric of rural communities and sequesters huge amounts of carbon.
- Atlas Moroccan Rugs Collection: Hand-knotted with the finest wool by different artisans in the Middle Atlas Mountains of Morocco, they create patterns for the modern home inspired by designs that are centuries old.
- Phoenix Collection: Born from several collaborations with woodcarvers on the island of Java, Indonesia, these pieces combine finely hand-carved Java teak and mahogany door surfaces with simple and clean furniture shapes. The collection comes in two variations: stripe and organic diamond.
- Nova Collection: Featuring hand-rolled, handmade clay beading, these emotional and distinctive chandeliers carry the fingerprints of the women making them. This striking collection is bound to be a beautiful focal point in any home.
The BR Home collection debuts with a dedicated website at www.brhome.com and will be in select U.S. stores by the end of September, including two new BR Home pop-up experiences in New York City and Los Angeles. Prices vary across the collection from $150 for vases to $195 for washed cotton sheet sets and $1,250 to $3,450 for dining furniture and sofas ranging from $2,650 to $4,950.