Congratulations to Master Sergeant (Retired) Gerald D. Hansen, the winner of The MilitaryVALoan.com Miltary Hero Award!
Gerald Hansen was nominated for his outstanding service to his community and his country. He spent twenty-one years in the United States Air Force with assignments to Holloman Air Force Base, New Mexico, Yokota Air Base, Japan, MacDill Air Force Base, Tampa, FL and Zweibrucken Air Force Base, West Germany. He retired in May 1990.
His awards and decorations include the Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters and the Air Force Commendation Medal. He was promoted to Master Sergeant through STEPS (Stripes for Exceptional Performers) in August of 1983. He was also named as the Tampa Military Citizen of the Year for 1986. Mr. Hansen was named the Management Award recipient in 1995 from the International Builders Exchange Executives (IBEE), Tampa Bay Lightning Community Hero in 2017, Ring of Honor with the Buffalo Soldiers (The Woods & Wanton Chapter) in 2017 and was named the Bay Area Brotherhood Humanitarian Award winner 2019.
Hansen is the volunteer Executive Director for Paint Your Heart Out Tampa (PYHOT), an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization that benefits low-income and elderly citizens of Tampa by improving the exterior of their homes. Each year, Hansen freely gives more than 1,250 hours of time to the organization. Hansen has also successfully raised more than $14,000 for the Greater Tampa Bay Walk to Defeat ALS, was involved in three annual cleanups of Bayshore Boulevard on MacDill AFB, served as the Chairperson of the Preschool Education Board, and helped build playgrounds on MacDill AFB and in Clearwater.
“Jerry is the most unselfish person I have ever met,” his nominator wrote. “He has taught me more about generosity than anyone. The majority of Jerry’s time is spent behind the wheel of his car, picking up, dropping off supplies or materials needed from one organization to another. He is often delivering items to groups working with homeless or food banks.”
Congratulations to Gerald Hansen on being named The MilitaryVALoan.com Military Hero Award Winner!
MilitaryVALoan.com Military Hero Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The TravelNursing.org Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to registered nurses who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (collectively the “Participating States”) who are 21 years of age or older (and located in the one of the Participating States at the time of entry. TravelNursing.org (“Sponsor”) and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, retailers, sales representatives, dealers, distributors, licensees and the advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the development and administration of this Promotion and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and their immediate family members and persons living in the same households of each (whether related or not) are not eligible. Void outside the Participating States and where prohibited by law.
- Promotion Period: The Promotion begins at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on May 6, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on May 31, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”).
- How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, go to https://www.militaryvaloan.com/blog/the-militaryvaloan-com-military-hero-award/ and locate the official entry form. Follow the on-screen directions, complete all required registration fields and submit to enter (“Online Entry”). Entrants must complete all required information. LIMIT ONE (1) ONLINE ENTRY PER PERSON/EMAIL ADDRESS. Nominations MUST be submitted online. Mail-in nominations will not be accepted. Nominations must be submitted on behalf of another person. Self-nominations will not be accepted. Nominations must be submitted in English only. Nominations may only be submitted in the name of a single person; group nominations are not acceptable. False or deceptive nominations or acts may render a nominee ineligible. All nominations become the property of MilitaryVALoan.com and will not be returned. MilitaryVALoan.com reserves the right to edit the nomination as it sees fit for use in publication or promotion. By submitting a nomination you agree to grant Sponsors the right without obligation, unless prohibited by law, to use the contents of your nomination, your name, voice, picture and likeness, without compensation, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing all matters related to the Awards Program and/or the Sponsors in any medium, throughout the world in perpetuity.
- Grand Prize Drawing: On or about June 7, 2019, the Sponsor Review Panel (the “Panel”) will select one winning entry (the “Winner.”) It is the Panel’s s sole discretion to determine the winner.
- Prizes, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) & Odds: One (1) Grand Prize: The SEVENTY2™ Survival System. Total ARV $349.99. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prizes is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as provided herein. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prize(s), are the sole responsibility of the winner(s). Arrangements for delivery of prize(s) will be made after winner validation. LIMIT ONE (1) PRIZE PER PERSON/EMAIL ADDRESS/HOUSEHOLD. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of entries received. At the Sponsor’s discretion, unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
- General Rules: All applicable federal, state and local laws apply. The potential winner will be contacted by telephone, email, regular mail or overnight mail, and may be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and where lawful, a publicity release within a stated amount of time. The return of any notification as undeliverable or failure to respond to notices or return any required documents in a timely manner or a determination that a potential winner is ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, as determined solely by the Sponsor, may result in disqualification of the winner and forfeiture of the corresponding prize, and the choosing of an alternate winner. By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor which shall be final in all matters relating to the Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible for: (i) electronic or digital transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, or misdirected or for non-delivered or postage-due mail; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures (including but not limited to failures or malfunctions of phone lines, telephone systems or other communications systems), destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, or for printing, distribution or production errors; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions; (iv) damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer; (v) causes beyond Promotion Parties’ reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion; (vi) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (vii) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising related to the Promotion, in the administration or execution of the Promotion, or in the announcement/notification of prize winners; (viii) by any human, or other error, which may occur in this Promotion or (ix) cheating or fraud by any participant. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified.If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity, fairness or proper conduct of this Promotion, or if this Promotion is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void suspect entries/entrants and/or modify, suspend and/or terminate this Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the stated end date of the Promotion Period, the Sponsor will select the winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received through all entry methods combined as of the time/date of termination. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process, who acts in a disruptive or unfair manner, or who attempts to enter using any automatic or programmed entry method, or any entry service. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY CORRUPT OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be declared made by the person in whose name entry was made.
- Release & Waiver: By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Parties from and against any and all liability, loss, injuries or damages associated with participation in this Promotion or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize received in this Promotion. By participating in this Promotion, entrants waive all rights to claim punitive, indirect, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys’ fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to participate.
- Publicity: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names, voices and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity in all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation or notice, unless prohibited by law.
- Choice of Law and Jurisdiction: This Promotion is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the State of Washington. By entering, entrants irrevocably consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Washington located in the county of King County for any action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Promotion.
- Winners’ List: To view the winners’ list for this Promotion, please visit https://www.militaryvaloan.com/blog/the-militaryvaloan-com-military-hero-award/. The winners’ list will be available after winner validation has been completed.
- Sponsor: Full Beaker, Inc., Bellevue, Washington 98004.